This is a cute illustration of how doubt can lead you closer to God.
What I Have Learned from Thomas (John 20:24-31):
- Thomas was a leader.
- Thomas showed me that it’s normal to doubt, but we need to use this doubt to believe.
I have allowed His will to be overshadowed. It is only when I seek Him EVERY DAY that I am able to hear from the Lord for what He wants me to do, His will. Don’t allow your doubt to make your heart hard, produce stubbornness and pride.
- God’s timing is perfect for what He is doing. He wants us to learn to have confident patience.
Everything needs to be for His purpose, not ours. Sometimes waiting makes us even more frustrated and impatient.
- When Jesus tells you to do something, you don’t talk back. Just do it.
- Thomas taught me I could believe without physically touching Jesus.
- Jesus sends hope to all of us.
- We have Jesus’ Word, His witnesses and His Spirit to believe.
Find the rest of the article here.