A midlife crisis isn’t inevitable. Rather than quitting your job, buying a motorcycle, and leaving your family behind to ride off into the sunset, you can discover what truly matters most. Then you can live based on that, to make the rest of your life better than anything you’ve experienced before.
- Accept change
- Get rid of unrealistic macho expectations
- Give up your sense of entitlement
- Stop suppressing your emotions
- Don’t go it alone anymore
- Recognize that all your power comes from God
- Take your responsibilities seriously
- Move mountains a little at a time
- Take a vacation with your wife (or husband)
- Take care of your body
- Grieve the past and embrace the future (with your family)
This is focused on men that have reached “midlife” but it applies to everyone, especially at the beginning of a new year.
Read the rest of the article on Finding What Matters Most for the Rest of Your Life